top of page
  • Writer's pictureFCRHA

Applications Now Being Accepted for Publicly Owned Housing – Apply Today!

The Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA) is now accepting new tenant applications for selection to the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program waitlist. The RAD program, formerly known simply as “public housing,” provides 1,060 units of publicly owned housing to low-income households. Units include both single and multi-bedroom (up to four) townhouses, garden apartments, and condominiums located in communities throughout Fairfax County.

Applications must be completed online between 8 a.m. on June 7 and 11:59 p.m. on June 13. There are no application fees, and anyone may apply. Application instructions and program details are available online at

The RAD program generally serves households with incomes of up to 50 percent of the area median income (approximately $60,000 for a family of four). Tenants contribute 30 to 35 percent of their income for rent and the rest is received through a federal subsidy received by the FCRHA. Individuals receiving a unit through the program must meet all eligibility criteria at the time they are offered a home through the program.

Do You Need Assistance With your Application?

Fairfax County staff will be able to provide assistance Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may submit questions via email to You may also call our offices at 703-246-5100 , TTY 711.

Do You Need Access to a Computer or WiFi?

Prospective applicants in need of access to a computer or WiFi access are encouraged to visit a branch of the Fairfax County Public Library. There is no charge for Fairfax County Public Library card holders to use a computer and free one-day guest passes can also be obtained from kiosks in each branch. For a list of branch locations, please call 703-324-3100 or visit


Fairfax County is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all county programs, services and activities and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. To request special accommodations, call 703-246-5000 or TTY 711. Please allow 48 hours in advance of the event in order to make the necessary arrangements.

97 views0 comments


bottom of page