top of page
  • Writer's pictureFCRHA

County Releases Draft FY 2022 CAPER Report; Public Comments Welcome

The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development has prepared a draft of the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). Each year, the report provides an evaluation of Fairfax County’s use of federal funding provided through the Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships, and Emergency Solutions Grants programs. These federal programs are administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The evaluation period covers the entirety of fiscal year 2022 which runs from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.

The CAPER constitutes a summary of accomplishments and an accounting of the allocation and expenditure of funds for FY 2022 as compared to goals under the Consolidated Plan, a 5-year comprehensive planning document that identifies Fairfax County’s overall needs for affordable and supportive housing, for homeless shelters and services, for community and economic development, and for building public and private partnerships.

Public Comments are Welcome

The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development welcomes comments and feedback on the draft report from members of the community. The public review and comment period will run from August 24, 2022, through September 16, 2022. Comments may be submitted in the following ways:

Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development Attention: Beverly Moses 3700 Pender Drive Fairfax, VA 22030

Please be sure to reference the sections or pages of the CAPER your comments are addressing where possible. All submissions must be received by 4:30 p.m. p.m. on September 16, 2022.


If you have any questions about the draft FY 2022 CAPER or about submitting comments, please contact Beverly Moses by email at, or by calling 703-246-5170, TTY 711.

Fairfax County is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all County programs, services and activities and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. To request special accommodations, call 703-246-5101 or TTY 711.

28 views0 comments


bottom of page